Monday, July 2, 2012

Matcha Smoothie - #38 On My List of 44 Things

My Matcha arrived in the mail on Friday. So begins the daily Matcha Smoothies, which is #38 on my list of 44 Things to do while I am 44.



What is Matcha?

Matcha is a premium green tea powder from Japan used for drinking as tea or as an ingredient in recipes. The health benefits of Matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink Matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water.


Mallory discovered Matcha while we were on vacation in the Traverse City area and she went to Light of Day Organics Tea Cupping workshop. She decided that the health benefits were worth a 30 day trial and invested her own money into the 30 day supply. Since she wants to have her own tea shoppe someday, it was also a business venture.

She started making the Matcha smoothies as soon as we got home from vacation, along with a few other lifestyle changes, like getting up at 6 a.m. to exercise Monday through Friday, and eating three meals a day at regular times. Something most college students never do. Her body was in favor of the new routine, running like a well oiled machine. She plans to continue the Matcha smoothies at school, as well as hopefully, the regular exercise and regular meals. I see a blender purchase in the near future.

Since I have had on and off back problems for most of my life, and deal with inflammation almost daily. I figured I would give it a try as well. I have nothing to lose and if it works everything to gain.

Smoothie Process:


1 cup Pineapple juice
1 cup Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
1 banana - sliced
1/2 tsp. Matcha
(I also add a small handful of frozen raspberries, but didn't for the photos, not the nicest color when blended)

Place all ingredients in a blender


and blend...


Pour in a glass, add a straw and enjoy :)








No comments: