Monday, January 21, 2013

Finding My Eye: Starting the Journey

I started a new on-line photography course yesterday, Find Your Eye with Kat Sloma.


I have been wanting to take/resisting to take this class since early last fall. Why the resisting you ask? It seemed I was always in the middle of another class and didn't want to overload myself. Maybe I was a little afraid that I might "find" out that I didn't have an "eye", and that I sucked at photography.

When this session of the Find Your Eye series was announced I again resisted, even though I knew that I did have the time to devote to the class.

Then one of my on-line friends offered on her blog, a give-away of a spot into Kat's class. All I had to do was leave a comment. Simple enough, a nice comment typed and submitted. Then I completely forgot about the class.

Imagine my complete surprise when I got an e-mail from my friend Kristina, right at Christmas time, saying that I had WON the spot in Kat's class.

Obviously I was meant to take this class. No more resisting. I don't know where this journey will take me, but I am excited to get started down the path to Finding My Eye.


11 comments:

Kat Sloma said...

Yes! It must be you were meant to join in this session. Thank you for sharing this story. It will be interesting to see where this journey takes you! I'm glad to have you in class. :)

Mary said...

Enjoy the ride :)

Cathy H. said...

I'm very confident that you'll enjoy Kat's class and "find your eye." I simply love her exercises and still repeat many of them! I'll be taking her Journey of Fascination in February and can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

As an alumna of previous Find Your Eye classes, I predict you'll get things from this class that you never imagined! Oh, and you definitely DO have an "eye"!

Unknown said...

I love your blog layout. I am just starting to get mine set up. How did you get Kat's badge in the side column.

Unknown said...

Sarah - I'm so excited to see where your photography will take you with this class! I know for sure you will discover that you have a wonderful eye!!

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

You will love it I so loved Kat's class have fun.....

Helen said...

I have no doubts that you've got "an eye" - and you know I enjoy your photography! Looking forward to seeing where you journey takes you! Exciting times ahead I think!

Angie Dewey said...

I too have been wanting to take this class for a while, but like you was in the midst of too many things and doubts of my abilities. These things really do seem to happen when they are suppose to.

Angie Dewey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I do not think you are alone with resistance. I haven't even started writing my why (though I've been thinking about it a lot). It is honest and brave to simply start here. I honor you for that. I'm glad you're here.