Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Photo - Heart Connection ~ May

The Photo:


My Observations: This photo seems contemplative. I am standing on the edge of something. I like how the top line of the boot toe box lines up with the sand/water line. I used a Lightroom preset to process this, aged photo,  and it perfectly reflected my mood on this overcast day at the beach.

My Heart Connection: Well these boots are obviously the inspiration for my whole blog. I love wearing them and the funny thing is that people now recognize me by the boots. I took this picture for a blog post I did on my other blog Becoming A Finisher. It talks about feeling like I am standing on the edge of something BIG and that I have been having this feeling for a while now. I am not sure what will happen once I step off the edge, or if I am suppose to stay on the edge a while longer. I do know that something exciting is in the works and I am scared but also very excited.

Linking up with Kat's May Photo Heart Connection

13 comments:

Karen Lakis said...

Your photo Is beautifully composed and perfect for your thoughts. I'm feeling a little edgy, excited, scared for you and am dying to know where this feeling will take you. I have a feeling it's going to be an awesome journey.

Anonymous said...

You'll know when it's time to leave the ledge. You'll get the urge to jump, or something will give you a nudge and you will fly. I'm looking forward to seeing where you'll be going!

Ahayes1225 said...

That is so true about your rain boots. I know how you feel, I felt the same way. So many changes for me right now.

Michele Matucheski said...

I love the paisley rain boots! Being on the edge reminds me of the explorers who were setting out for new lands and adventure. What will it be for you? Inner or outer worlds? Creative or contemplative? Work life or home life. Maybe a mix of everything. May it all be GOOD!

Cathy H. said...

Love your rain boots! I would recognize them anywhere! I know that whenever you are ready you'll step off the ledge into a new and exciting journey! I'm looking forward to where this journey takes you!

Becs said...

Love the boots and loved reading your connection. How amazing to be standing on the edge of something so major - I understand your fear but I think Lee is right - you'll know when it's time. :)

Simon said...

Had you not said so, I might have wondered where you were standing. I like contemplative shots, and those from behind. They allow me to wonder not only what the subject is doing, but to substitue myself-wonder what I would be doing up there, dangling, waiting, or thinking of stepping off. I must say, while you look smashing in the boots-they would not be for me. I'd have to have sneakers.
I hope you do figure out what that step will bring. I need a new "thing", but haven't been able to find my gold ring.

Unknown said...

I sensed what you were going to say the minute I saw your photo - which is, BTW, wonderfully composed and edited.

xoxo

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Oh how I want your boots they are fab, standing on the edge full of promise....

Prairie Jill said...

What a wonderful image! And such a perfect photo-heart connection. Lovely.

Naomi said...

So lovely! I know that feeling well... the one of being frightened but so excited to see where you end up. I'm sure it's going to be amazing.

Kat Sloma said...

I see the "edge of something" in this photograph. And those rain boots are so YOU! I would recognized them anywhere as yours. I hope I don't ever meet someone else with them, or I will have to tell them to return your boots to you. I look forward to seeing what is coming as you step off of that edge into the unknown! Wonderful Photo-Heart Connection.

Zena said...

Love your rain boots, the post you did on your othe blog was great and this is a fantastic photo-heart connection